Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cariboo Country

These pictures were taken on my road trip with Shirley. I was testing out my new camera & got some pretty good shots I think. There were times when I could have used a better zoom lens - will put that on my "buy next" list.
They are not in chronological order, unfortunately. We travelled from Calgary to Edmonton, then west through Jasper National Park, then north-west to Prince George & further north-west to Terrace. That was as far north as we got. After that we drove down the Cariboo Connector which was the old Cariboo Trail that the pioneers took a couple of hundred years ago. Some were headed for the goldfields, others put in a land claim and settled. There is lots of native history in the area too. I was impressed with all the wild flowers everywhere. Also we were lucky enough to get a good view of a bear grazing on grass at the side of the road and a mother & baby moose walking across a field. The latter were too far away for me to get a shot without the afore-mentioned zoom lens.











No comments: